How to find land for sale that is not listed
With reduced real estate inventory, it has become very difficult to buy land. So, if you want to stay ahead of your competition you must search for off-market listings, also known as quiet or pocket listings, these homes may be for sale but aren’t listed on multiple listing services (MLS).
Why is off-market listing preferred?
- Off-market listings are properties that are for sale but aren’t listed on multiple listing services.
- The off-market listing is at times preferred by sellers to create a sense of exclusivity that could result in a higher selling price. Whereas, for buyers, off-market listings help in granting access to additional inventory, an opportunity to save if the commission is lower, and the opportunity to avoid competition for property in a desirable area.
- Off-market sales can sometimes allow the buyers to even negotiate a price.
Ways to find off-market properties for sale:
- Direct Mail Marketing: One of the most efficient ways to find off-market real estate deals is through direct mail marketing. All one needs to do is define their target home seller and send out a mail or postcard to express your interest in purchasing their home. There are high chances that the owner will respond, and, in that case, the commission money is saved and there is scope to negotiate the prices as well.
- Online Resources: Another easier way to find the property that is not listed on the MLS, is by searching it online through Landsale4u. Landsale4u offers a variety of properties that a buyer can choose from. All one needs to do is go to www.landsale4u.com and search online for the property according to their requirements otherwise they can also get in touch with the experts who can help them to select a property. Landsale4u offers all the respective and important details of the property so that a buyer is always well informed about the property they are purchasing.
- Real Estate Agents: Undoubtedly, real estate agents are well aware of the properties on the MLS, there are cases when they are aware of the off-market properties as well. To improve your chances of success and to get ahead of the competition, it is recommended to contact an agent who is informed about the market.
- Real Estate auctions: Auctions can be a great place to pick up off-market deals for pennies on the dollar. Live auctions and auction websites are where properties are sold, usually for back taxes owed. Auctions are held for a particular region; therefore one must keep an eye on such events and for the province, they are interested in. Properties that are sold at auctions are not a part of MLS.
- Word of mouth: Another great way of getting details about an off-market property is by letting people know that you’re interested in purchasing a property. You can simply ask your friends or family, your mortgage broker and even your neighbors if they know of any off-market opportunity. This way you not only build the network, but you also get to know about properties that are not yet listed, so there’s a first movers’ advantage that you get.
Are you looking to buy off-market? We can help!
Buying off-market is a much simpler process when you have experts with you. With years of experience under our belt, we have an enormous range of properties that will align with your requirements well and are being offered at the best prices. You can visit us at www.landsale4u.com and contact our experts who will help you make a wise choice. We offer properties that will help you safeguard your investment as we spend plenty of time researching the best properties for you.